Fine Tuning

Wednesday, June 24, 2009
I'm looking forward to commuting again tomorrow!

I had to take the bike in for some fine-tuning. I bought a new bike for the commuting adventures; a Trek 7.1 fx (pictures coming soon). I outfitted it with panniers and full fenders. One of the fender bolts was rubbing against the back tire and it got to be like nails on a chalkboard, so I took it in to have the mechanic fix 'er up.

Plus, I never realized how much for granted I took having a kickstand. Kickstands are minor miracles, especially when you're trying to attach panniers to the bike, or standing on the shoulder on Shawnee Mission Parkway trying to adjust the saddle height.

I think she's good to go now, though, but I realized that the days are officially getting shorter now so it won't be long and I'm going to need to invest in some lights.

0 comments:

Post a Comment