Grocery Gettin'

Friday, August 21, 2009
I read somewhere yesterday that a good number of car trips are less than two miles in distance. Whether that's true or not, it was in my mind when I got home yesterday and the Missus mentioned that we needed a few basics from the grocery store.

I offered to take on the task by bike. My son followed up with an offer to ride with me (on the fastback), so after getting down my non-commuting mid-1990's model Trek mountain bike, airing up the tires, and attaching the fastback we were on our way.

I have fond memories of that Trek mountain bike. But now that I've been spoiled by my well-fitted Trek commuter, I find the mountain bike terribly uncomfortable. Alas, I cannot use the fastback with the commuter due to the bike rack.

So that got me thinking about how I really need another bike. Something that serves as a grocery-getter. A bucket bike, perhaps? I've seen this model on the 'net:



... but at $3k, it's a bit much. At $1200, this one is more my speed:


0 comments:

Post a Comment